You are planning your child's first birthday party and suddenly realize, there will actually be kids at this party. They will be running around, not as happy to just chat it up like the adults plan to do. So you think...hmm... let me hire someone to entertain them! But, wait, what are kids into? How do I choose? Well, here are a few tips on how to choose your entertainment and help get you started!
1. Age Appropriate? Making sure the entertainment is appropriate for the ages of the children attending, will ensure the kids will enjoy what you are paying for. (ex. A Magician may not be understood by 1-4yrs olds quite yet, so maybe try a puppet show instead?)
2. Get a Head Count. Knowing how many kids that will be attending will help to avoid booking unnecessary amounts of time. This will also help to save on your budget! So also, be sure to ask your hired entertainers how many kids can be accommodated per hour to help match the two.
3. Location Matters. Certain entertainments may be more appropriate at different locations than others. Consider... One classic example is a balloons worst enemy is grass, so maybe rethink this entertainment if you are in a park setting surrounded by it. OR consider parents may detour their kids from certain activities if it means dirtying their outfits at a fancy dinner, so face painting may not be the best option at a restaurant or wedding event.
4. Start Time. Be sure to accommodate nap schedules. Also, you know your guests better than we do. Consider when your guests will actually arrive vs. the invitation start time, so you aren't paying for wasted time.
5. Plan B. In the Winter and Spring months, the rain can be unpredictable. If you are planning an outdoor party, make sure to have a plan B for your location. Deposits are non-refundable for most vendors regardless of the weather.
We hope this helps to get you thinking! If you have any further questions we would love to hear from you! Feel free to give us a call or send us any questions!